Home Grade 7 myclassroom Shop Freebie TeachersPayTeachers Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email Image Map

January 16, 2023

Black History Month

 Black History Month is creeping up quickly - it's almost February guys! 53 days until March Break...but whose counting. Here are two different activities I do with my students. 

1) Writing prompts - These were my February writing prompts - 20 individuals representing Black History. Each writing prompt includes a brief rubric to assess each students ability to gather, organize, and convey information about a particular topic. Each writing prompt is also followed by a modified prompt (with rubric) where students on an IEP can illustrate their responses in efforts to level the playing field. Individuals include Oprah, Beyonce and Drake.


2) Black History Month Individual Research - I love this activity because I have students pick from 37 different African Americans and have them complete their profile worksheet! I do print out the sheets so that the students can fill them in, color them and I can feature them on my bulleting board. I'll be doing it again this year so I'll post what it looks like! These worksheets are great for students grades 4 to 8; you can adapt your expectations on the content they deliver based on their grades. I normally have my grade 8's complete each box with detail and thoroughness; whereas, the grade 4's normally put down two researched points for each box. 



No comments:

Post a Comment